Happy Thanksgiving! If you’re like me (and chances are that you aren’t), you like to get into the holiday spirit not by watching an American Football match or squabbling with relatives but by listening to an appropriately themed radio drama, listening to some Thanksgiving music, or watching a Thanksgiving-themed film.
Here are 100 Thanksgiving-themed radio drama episodes compiled by someone whose catchy nom d’internet is “WA4CZD.”
Here’s my fairly exhaustive playlist of Thanksgiving music for your enjoyment.
Here’s a pretty good list of Thanksgiving-themed films (including, best of all, horror) and a few in which Thanksgiving at least features prominently in a scene.
- An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving (1961, dir. Kirk Browning)
- Alice’s Restaurant (1969, dir. Arthur Penn)
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving (1973, dir. Bill Melendez and Phil Roman)
- The Thanksgiving Treasure (1973, dir. Paul Bogart)
- Home Sweet Home (1981, dir. Nettie Peña)
- Hannah and Her Sisters (1986, dir. Woody Allen)
- Blood Rage (1987, dir. John Grissmer)
- Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987, dir. John Hughes)
- Avalon (1990, dir. Barry Levinson)
- Dutch (1991, dir. Peter Faiman)
- Scent of a Woman (1992, dir. Martin Brest)
- Home for the Holidays (1995, dir. Jodie Foster)
- Breathing Room (1996, dir. Jon Sherman)
- The Daytrippers (1996, dir. Greg Mottola)
- The War at Home (1996, dir. Emilio Estevez)
- The Myth of Fingerprints (1997, dir. Bart Freundlich)
- Pants on Fire (1998, dir. Rocky Collins)
- One Special Night (1999, dir. Roger Young)
- What’s Cooking? (2000, dir. Gurinder Chadha)
- All You Need (2001, dir. Randy Ser)
- Normal (2003, dir. Jane Anderson)
- Pieces of April (2003, dir. Peter Hedges)
- Four Brothers (2005, dir. John Singleton)
- Across the Universe (2007, dir. Julie Taymor)
- An Old Fashioned Thanksgiving (2008, dir. Graeme Campbell)
Be seeing you!